|The Prime Minister of Qatar Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, opens the WSSF|
More than 1,000 social security leaders, policy-makers and senior administrators attended the opening of the World Social Security Forum in Doha today, an event that focuses on the future development of social security systems ensuring protection for millions of people.
The Forum, which is the largest international social security event, was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Qatar, His Excellency Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, in the presence of ministers, CEOs of institutions and social policy experts from 120 countries.
The major developments affecting social security in the wake of the global economic crisis, and in a context of underlying transformations in the labour market and the impact of demographic ageing, will be discussed at the World Forum.
The event is organized by the Geneva-based International Social Security Association (ISSA), and is hosted by the General Retirement and Social Insurance Authority of Qatar.
A new ISSA report presented at the Forum argues that, despite complex challenges, recent years have seen a rapid development of social security systems, to the benefit of millions of people, and as a key factor of social cohesion and economic growth.
“Social security is entering an important new stage in its history,” according to Hans-Horst Konkolewsky, the ISSA Secretary General.
“Economic pressures, and rising social demands, are placing unprecedented pressures on institutions and programmes in many regions,” he stated.
“At the same time, remarkable advances in administration, backed by a global political consensus, provide a solid basis for the further extension to all people, in all countries, of a fundamental right: social security.”
The Forum will discuss key issues and trends shaping the future of social security, including the following highlights:
- Analysis of the main global developments and trends in social security.
- Innovative proactive and preventive approaches introduced by social security systems.
- International strategies for the extension of social security coverage.
- Launch of the ISSA Centre for Excellence in Social Security Administration.
- Presentation of new ISSA professional guidelines for social security administration.
- Presentation of the ISSA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Social Security.
- Social security systems in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries.
- The World Social Security Summit, with the participation of government ministers, international organizations and experts.
Download di 2013_WSSF2013_Media Kit.pdf
atau Link World Social Security Forum 2013
Pengutipan sebagian atau seluruhnya dengan menyebutkan judul, tanggal dan sumber:
World Social Security Forum - Excellence in social security: From vision to reality
Martabat - www.jamsosindonesia.com, 2016